Delete an instance
Before you begin, make a backup of any data or configurations you want to keep before proceeding with destroying an instance.
It's important to follow best practices when destroying an instance to avoid data loss and other issues, particularly if you are using volumes.
- 1.Navigate to Cloud → Instances and locate the instance that you want to destroy.
- 2.Click on the instance name to open the instance's detail page.
- 3.Click on the "Stop" button to stop the instance.
- 1.In the instance detail page, click on the "Volumes" tab.
- 2.Locate the volumes that are attached to the instance and click on the "Detach" button next to each volume.
- 3.Confirm the detachment of each volume by clicking on the "Detach" button in the confirmation dialog.
Destroying an instance is permanent and cannot be undone.
- 1.Once the instance is stopped and all volumes are detached, you can proceed to destroying the instance.
- 2.In the instance detail page, click on the "Delete" button.
- 3.Confirm the deletion of the instance by clicking on the "Delete" button in the confirmation dialog.
It may take several minutes for the instance to be completely destroyed and for the resources to be released.