An introduction to images in OneQode Cloud
Images in OCS are pre-configured snapshots of the entire operating system, applications, and configurations of an instance.
They allow you to quickly create new instances with the same configuration as an existing instance, without having to manually configure it each time.
You can choose from a variety of pre-configured images such as:
- images with different operating systems
- images with specific applications pre-installed
Once you have chosen an image, you can customize the instance as needed and then create the instance.
If you've made customisations to an instance, you can create a snapshot of it to use it as a repeatable template.
There are four types of images in OCS:
- Public images — created by the OneQode team
- Client images — created by you, and only available to you
- Community images — public images created by other OCS customers
- Shared images — images that are visible only to invited users
Want a new image added to public or community images?
If you can't find an image that fits your needs in the available images, reach out to us and we can get these added to our publicly-available images.
Before you use an image, be aware of the following:
- The size of the image Larger images will take longer to transfer and may require more storage.
- The age of the image Older images may be missing updates or security patches. Check for updates and use the most recent version of an image.
- The licensing of the image Some images may have licensing restrictions that you need to be aware of. This is particularly true for any Windows, Microsoft or Mac images.
Pricing for image storage is available on our cloud pricing page. The larger your image is (and the more images you have on file), the more you'll be charged.
To control your cloud spend, we recommend you regularly maintain your image library by removing unnecessary images.